Saturday, August 16, 2014

Daily Easter Egg #23: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II's Reference to The Phantom Menace

Atton Rand in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

This is probably the longest titled egg yet! That being said, I hope it won't disappoint! In the game, one of the first characters the player meets is a criminal named Atton Rand. If the player character is female,  he will ask if you are an angel. He then retorts with "Aw, I'm kidding. That was the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."
This is a reference to when a young Anakin Skywalker asks Padme if she's an angel in The Phantom Menace. I can't decide if this reference was meant to be a jab at how cheesy the script was for the prequel movie or not.  I'm sure many would agree to the notion that it was insulting seeing as how many people detest the three prequel movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment