Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions Concert Tour Announced!

Seriously, how adorable is this? I'd love to go!
So, as it turns out, I'm a huge fan of orchestrated and classical music, especially that which comes from video games. So I was especially hyped to hear that a concert tour featuring music from the Pokémon franchise is starting up! So far, there have been only 2 dates announced: August 15th in D.C. (which is when the Pokémon World Championships will be going on), and September 19th in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. More dates are to be announced soon, but I also heard that they will only be touring further if turnout at the first two events is good. So, if you're going to be in D.C. for the Pokémon World Championships or if you live around Philly, you should totally go! This may be a once in a lifetime experience, so don't miss out! They'll people cosplaying, trading cards, bringing their 3DS' and copies of X and Y; it'll be a good time and a good chance to meet members of the Pokémon community. This concert is a lot like The Symphony of The Goddesses show that featured music from The Legend of Zelda universe and I think it's produced by the same people, so it'll be a fantastic experience for sure! Each generation will be represented musically, and gameplay footage will be shown to accompany the music. It's a really immersive concert experience that I'm dying to see, so I thought I'd help get the word out. Some YouTubers have gotten a hold of music samples that will be played at the concerts, and it all sounds great. These samples (so far) include:




I personally hope they'll do the surfing theme from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, as it's one of my favorite songs from Pokémon. I also hope these concerts will be a success so then it'll come to more cities, and have a chance to show everyone how magical the Pokémon universe is.

Buy tickets here for the D.C. show, and here for the Philadelphia show.

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment